What type of wood should I use?

We can provide play grade timber but it is expensive to ship. If sourcing your own round timbers for example to use with our swing corners (RC82122) then you require 100mm (4”) machined round timber, which will probably be supplied in 3.6m (12’) lengths. Quarter sawn (with heartwood removed) or a play grade is best but approximately 3 times more expensive than landscape grade which will be structurally safe but will split in hot sun. For square timber projects such as our Blue Rabbit self build range use treated, planned, eased edge timbers. Note for swing beams using our square swing hangers and square swing corners you will require 90mm not 95mm timber.